J. Boskovic Law is seeking a Real Estate Law Clerk/Assistant.
Typical duties and responsibilities will entail (but will not be limited to):
• Primarily dealing with private, residential real estate transactions including purchases, sales, financing;
• Responsible for daily correspondence, mortgage document preparation, responding to client phone calls regarding the status of their mortgage closing;
• Preparing and managing files as well as noting important dates to follow up;
• Requesting mortgage information statements and discharge statements for existing mortgages that are to be discharged on closing, as well as requesting tax certificates and confirmation of insurance;
• Conducting execution searches and pulling parcel registers on Teraview, as well as registering mortgages upon closing;
• Reading and understanding closing instructions;
• Preparing undertakings, schedules, discharges and forms relating to real estate transactions;
• Verbal and electronic communication with all parties involved in real estate closings.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
• Law Clerk Certification, or equivalent combination of education and work experience an asset
• Minimum of two (2) years of varied real estate experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Solid title searching ability, good drafting and mathematical skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Working knowledge of Teraview an asset
• Multi-lingual an asset
The ideal employee is focused on client service, able to work independently, with knowledge on which matters require solicitor’s input, intervention and direction.
Those interested in the position should apply to the link below